Having a wireless connection without a password will put your private information at risk. There are people who stole information from other people for their own use. To avoid stolen identity, you must put a password on the internet connection you have at home or office. It is very easy to put password on your Linksys router. All you need is to follow the steps below:
- You should make sure your router is on and then you have to go to 192.168.1.1 in your private browser on your pc or laptop. Ensure it is connected to your router with probably wired or wireless.
- Just make the username blank and thereafter type at the password field “admin. Simply click “OK” button so you should be navigated on the router’s web set up web site. If you ever really can’t login with the default password mentioned and do not know the customized one, it is advisable to restart your router.
- Inside the page, just hit the “Administration” button. And then click “Management” tab which is certainly set on the left section of navigation spot.
- You will at the present create the password for your router. Definitely fill out the password at the “Router Password” spot after which re-enter it for affirmation on the location available. Make sure to remember the password you have entered. You may reset over again the router so that you can connect to the installation page and back in beginning of this process.
- Merely select the “Save Settings” to ensure that your password shall be filed. It will be saved promptly and then you do not have to restart your router. You would currently login in your new password so that you can continue with your connection on the network.
Home and offices wireless routers should be protected. Your information will be kept private if you add password to your router.