Among the famous webmail services that people sign up for because they are free is Hotmail. It is a service provided by Microsoft which started in the year 1996. It is now very well-known all over the world with million users available in 30 languages. There are features of this email provider which people like such as the drag and drop folders, security protection and ability to stores email up to 5 GB. Once you have your own account, you can experience the features and customize your own account such as changing your password anytime. The process of changing your password is easy. If you want to, you can follow the process below:
- Go to the hotmail.com login page and sign in using your own personal email address and password. Once you are login into your account, click the “Option’ menu and then select “More Options”.
- On the page, press the “Account details” which contains the password, aliases and time zones. Then, also click under the “Managing your account” part of the Hotmail page.
- Just press the “Change” button on the Password field of your Hotmail account which says “Account overview: to change your password.
- Enter the current password of your account on the “Old Password” field. Then, enter the password you wish to have on the “New Password” and also retype it on the following field provided.
- Hotmail passwords are case-sensitive and it must contain at least six characters. So, make sure you remember if you enter caps lock or small letter only.
You can go to Hotmail.com sign in page and try now your new password to login to your account.
Tips on Changing Password
- According to Hotmail, the ideal password contains 14 characters with the combination of letters, numbers and even special characters.
- Do not ever share your passwords to other on emails even if it says they are working from oHoHHotmail. The service will not ever asked passwords from users.
For those who do not have an account yet, go to www.hotmail.com sign up page.