In this getting fast world, email is one of the easiest and fastest forms to communicate. There are many web-based services catering this kind of communication. One of them is Gmail, website is www.gmail.com. A very big company named Google owned this kind of service. To make Gmail cooler, you can set your account where it can send an SMS alert to your mobile number if someone messages you. In this way, you can get immediate update for important emails that need urgent replying. How to do it?
- To start off the steps, you have to log into Gmail account on www.gmail.com or www.mail.google.com.
- Just click the dropdown selection that appears and then click the “Mail Settings”.
- So next, opt for the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” button and after that click “Add a Forwarding Address” website link you will see at the webpage of “Forwarding” position.
- Input the number of your own cellular phone that you have. Type your digit from this form email@example.com.
- Google mail will be sending you a verification email with your phone. You should validate your digit number is genuine. Launch the email on the phone and next just click the confirmation link contain on the email. This verification will permit you to Gmail use your mobile number as a getaway address to send the email as SMS.
- You can also adjust or filter the emails you want to have in your phone. You can include the particular email address segregated by comma in the “From:” field. But if you prefer to acquire the numerous emails sent to you, basically input your Gmail address within the “To:” field.
- You can even utilize “Create Filter” so that you can only acquire emails that you really think is important or fit the criteria for your phone.
The email form you use in this process with your number usually varies in different place. Find out what form is used in your place. Sign up for Gmail now if you still don’t have an account.